The only difference with this Fermenter and the newest edition of 8 Gallon Conical Fermenter is the Spin-Weld on the top of the fermenter. This has been the standard top for many years, and works without a problem.
In the newest edition, this has been removed and in its place a drilled hole, which serves as a cork & airlock hole as well as a great port to attach an EZ Seal Bulkhead to receive any attachment you might want to create. This allows for you to modify the port easier.
You will also notice the modified lid in the photos below. This lid is not standard, and will not come with this Fermenter. This is an example of what an EZ Seal looks like when modified to fit in the Standard 4" Lid that is used for this Fermenter.
Fermenters shipped are brand new, and have never been used. Take advantage of a great Conical at a great price! Once they are gone, they will not be back in stock. Thermometer is sold separately.
Details below are for both Models of the 8 Gallon Conical Fermenter.
The Minibrew® Jefferson - 8 Gallon Conical Fermenter
Want to step up to the next level? Need additional head space for higher gravity fermentations? Want to see your temperature? Check out The Jefferson! Our tribute tank to one of our Founding Fathers...Yes, he enjoyed making beer just as much as you do!
We have added a few extras to The 8 gallon Minibrew® affordable conical fermenter. This 8 gallon tank will work perfectly for 5 gallon batches, we just wanted something with a few more bells & whistles!
Collect trub and yeast for your next beer from the large bottom valve, and skip the secondary fermentation vessel. Forget about siphoning and pulling all the yeast and trub out along with your beer, with the included racking/tasting port. Eliminate potential contamination opportunities by completing your fermentation in one vessel.Why the Minibrew® 8g Conical Fermenter?
- Arrives Ready to Brew. Assemble, Clean, Sanitize, Fill and Pitch.
- Durable, Easy to Clean, and Less Expensive than Stainless Steel.
- All Stainless Steel Fittings Included.
- Extra Hole in Sidewall for Thermometer with EZ Seal.
- Compact design with Our Included All Metal Ridged Stand.
- Save Money on Yeast by Reusing Your Collected Flocculated Yeast.
- 8 Gallon Capacity Leaves Plenty of Head Space for 5 Gallon Batches.
- Our Conical Fermenters are Proudly Made Right Here in the USA.
1. The Minibrew Conical Fermenter and Lid, Durable with Full 5/16 Inch Wall Thickness, with a Unique 60 Degree Conical Bottom and Cylindrical Top Gives a More Complete Fermentation, Faster.
2. Our Rigid All Metal Construction Stand.
3. Two Stainless Steel Weld-Less EZ Seal Bulkhead Fittings.
◦ 1 x 3/4 inch
◦ 1 x 1/2 inch
4. Stainless Steel Valves and Fittings are Included.
◦ 1 x 3/4 inch valve for harvesting flocculating yeast and trub
◦ 1x 1/2 inch valve for racking, tasting, and gravity samples
◦ 2x vinyl 1/2 by 3/8 barbs are included for connecting to a bottling line or keg filling tube
5. Cork & Airlock and All Assembly Instructions.